Hans Severiens Award Luis Villalobos Award
The Hans Severiens Award is presented annually to recognize an individual's work in advancing the field of angel investing. Consideration for nomination is intentionally broad, from legislators to industry leaders to academia, in recognition of the broad reach and impact of angel investing. Individuals may be self or third-party nominated.
Criteria for selection include the following:
1. Depth and breadth of individual's impact on advancement of angel investing.
2. Leadership in bringing awareness to the vital role of angel investing in the support of entrepreneurial companies.
3. Contribution to the knowledge base of angel investing.
4. Respect and recognition by peers for contributions to the angel investment industry.
5. General accomplishments which have influenced or benefited the angel investment community.
View previous winners
Nominations for the 2017 ACA Hans Severiens Award are Due Wednesday, March 15
Luis Villalobos Award - Nominations are Open!
Honoring innovative companies funded by ACA members
The Luis Villalobos Award recognizes the most ingenious and innovative idea recently financed by one of the member angel groups of the Angel Capital Association. This is a great opportunity for portfolio companies to network with investors and also be seen by large corporations that are looking to connect with promising startups that could become partners.
Three Finalist companies are selected and invited to attend the ACA Summit. The three finalists will be honored and the award will be presented at a special ceremony on April 27, 2017 at the ACA Summit. Summit registration for the finalists and travel costs for the winner are covered by the award organizers.
Benefits to Selected Finalists:
- One ticket to the 2017 ACA Summit in San Francisco (April 26-28, 2017)
- Inclusion on the ACA Summit agenda via an appropriate session / panel.
- Access to a shared exhibit table throughout the event for meetings and contacts.
- PR about their selection as a 2017 Finalist and/or Winner.
- The winning company will also receive travel expenses.
- There are no costs to participate in this awards program.
- Finalist companies do need to cover their travel to the ACA Summit location. As noted above each Finalist is provided a comp to attend the event and other benefits.
View previous winners
Nominations are Open for the 2017 ACA Luis Villalobos Award - Due Friday, March 10
Questions? Please Contact Sarah Dickey, Angel Capital Association