The annual conference of the Angel Capital Association provides some of the best content and opportunities for networking with many of the top angels and angel organizations in the country. The ACA Summit is the largest gathering of angel investors and angel groups in the world. Join us for three days of stimulating presentations, discussion and networking:
March 6 - 8, 2012
Hilton Austin Hotel
The 2012 ACA Summit is really a SERIES of different, but related events. Much of the content is new this year, and we'll also look to take advantage of Austin's environment - "unconventional and weird thinking", the world's best live music scene, and new innovations at South by Southwest Interactive. The ACA Summit provides some of the best content and opportunities for networking with many of the top angels and angel organizations in the country. Click here for the agenda.
LEARN BEST PRACTICES. HEAR LATEST TRENDS. NETWORK WITH PEERS.
The 2012 ACA Summit is aimed at individual angel investors who belong to angel groups. This is great content for the angel investor who wants to learn more about early exits, investing trends in specific industries, and how to connect with other angels across the world.
- Top speakers on how they make investments or got to great exits - Admiral Bobby Inman (Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation), Steve Felice (President of Dell) and Bob Metcalfe (University of Texas)
- What kinds of startups are corporate acquirers looking for? Hear from top corporate business development leaders from a variety of sectors.
- Impact of crowdfunding, accelerators, and other new players on angel investing
- Breakouts on the new sidecar funds, working with accelerators, co-investing with family offices, and sustaining angel groups
- New information on public policy that may affect early-stage investing like never before
- Interactive roundtables - share ideas in several small group breakout sessions on a variety of focus subjects, selected by conference attendees. In 2011, topics included sidecar funds, negotiating for exits, angel group sustainability, and syndicating great deals, among other topics.
- First ever ACA Award Dinner, with serious awards for one person who has had an impact on angel investing and one for the most innovative portfolio company - and then we'll switch to IgNoble Awards - tell everyone the funniest stories about your worst investments, with prizes awarded for the best stories
Pre-Summit Programs - By Popular Demand (March 6th)