Angel investors and angel groups are more important than ever during the current economic recession. But how do you make the best investments in a recession? And how do you get returns?
More than 430 ACA members and friends, attended the largest gathering of angel investing groups in the World:
2010 ACA Summit
May 5 - 7, 2010
San Francisco, California
The 2010 ACA Summit is aimed at individual angel investors who belong to angel groups. This is great content for the angel investor who wants to learn more about early exits, trends in specific industries, and how angels and VCs are working together, and also hear of investment opportunities from ACA members and meet some of the "rock stars" of early stage investment. Much of the content is new this year, noting our location in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
LEARN BEST PRACTICES. HEAR LATEST TRENDS. NETWORK WITH PEERS (AND ROCK STAR INVESTORS).
The annual conference of the Angel Capital Association provides some of the best content and opportunities for networking with many of the top angels and angel organizations in the country. The themes for the conference include tips on mitigating risk and growing returns, and the pros and cons of going it alone versus syndicating with VCs.
The ACA Summit is the largest gathering of angel investors and angel groups in the world. More than 400 accredited investors and leaders in equity investment will gather to share best practices and ideas, hear the latest ideas on early exits and newest Silicon Valley models for business acceleration, obtain first ever data on angel group investment, and network with angel and venture capital peers. As a special treat, attendees will also meet with Rock Star investors like Ron Conway and Jeff
Staying on top of the latest practices and trends is vital to building the angels opportunities for great returns (yes, even when the economy is down). Join us for three days of stimulating presentations, discussion and networking!
- Investing with the Big Dogs ask Rock Star investors Ron Conway and Jeff Clavier about their strategies and how they syndicate
- Basil Peters on Early Exits by popular demand, Basil is back to tell us Its the Angels Time for exits (really!)
- Latest Trends in Investing in Clean Tech, Life Sciences, and Web 2.0
- New Silicon Valley Models for Accelerating Companies
- Structuring Deals for Optimize Exit Opportunities
- What are the Real Opportunities for Angels in Secondary Markets?
- Speed Dating optional networking opportunities at the opening reception
- Affinity Dinners join your peers for discussions after the receptions on May 5 and 6th
Pre-Summit Workshops in depth professional development (May 5th)
- Dave Berkus on Building GREAT Boards and the role of the angel investor
- Top Power of Angel Investing Program Angel Investing Overview (great program for newer angels)
- New ACEF program for angels to educate entrepreneurs Trends in Raising Capital
- Doing the Deal: Term Sheets, including the new model term sheet for angels
- WBAA International Exchange compare notes with investors from all over the world
- Practical Steps for Getting Ready for Exits by Basil Peters
ACA provides an opportunity to share ideas in ten small group breakout sessions on a variety of focus subjects, selected by conference attendees. Last year, topics included sidecar funds, fast routes to positive cash flow, compensation plans, and roles of angels in portfolio company governance, among other topics.
Investment Opportunities and Recognition of Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Hot Investment Opportunities three companies selected through ACA member nominations for presentations
- New Luis Villalobos Award, honoring member portfolio companies for innovation and ingenuity
- Hans Severiens Award, recognizing one person for advancing the field of angel investment
All meetings were held at the Parc 55 Hotel San Francisco, with the exception of the Thursday reception, which will be held in the Cityscape Room of the Hilton Hotel, near the main venue.